Friday, January 29, 2010

Cucumber Finger Sandwiches

This was yet another appetizer that was served at my friends birthday party a few weekends ago. I was not the one that originally made them but I decided that they were so good that I wanted to make them soon. I went out and bought all the ingredients and then made a few little sandwiches here and there throughout the week for my husband and I.


These are super quick and easy to prepare but are best if assembled shortly before serving. They were definitely a hit at the party and with my husband and would be the perfect addition to any get together where something light and fresh tasting was needed. In case you were wondering, I was able to get this cute shaped bread by baking some bread dough in my scalloped bread tube.



Cucumber Finger Sandwiches
adapted from
Allrecipes

Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix
2 loaves French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
2 medium cucumbers, sliced
1 pinch dried dill weed

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and Italian dressing mix. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the slices of French bread. Top with a piece of cucumber and sprinkle with dill.
Note - The cream cheese mixture keeps for a week in the fridge so you can make as many or few as you need at a time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute Amber! Where did you ever find that bread!? I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I have used this recipe for years. It's a quick and easy, and a good share at a party gift. I used party rye or pumpernickel bread you can find in deli places. Yumo.

Katy ~ said...

I LOVE this recipe and can eat unladylike portions of these. Perfect for showers and the like, also for cocktail parties, too. Beautiful and DELICIOUS!!

Dave -nibbleanibble said...

Cute look sandwiches topped with cucumber... Love the shape!

teresa said...

these are so fun, and fancy! i love cucumber sandwiches!

Julie said...

Wow...I want a scalloped bread tube! Too cute :)

Amber Stults said...

Those are adorable. I can see them served at a baby shower.

White Toast with Butter said...

I have the molds to make that shaped bread - I have to use them now! So cute.