I decided to play around with the recipe a little. So once I had 90% of my cookies scooped out I added some coconut to the remaining mixture to see what kind of flavor the coconut would add to the cookies. It was surprisingly good! I will be adding it as an optional ingredient to my recipe.
No Bake Cookies
(Source: Amber's Delectable Delights)
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
3 cups quick cooking oats
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Optional, 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Line 2 large baking sheets with wax paper, parchment paper, or alum. foil and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and cool 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted. Add oats, vanilla, peanuts and coconut (if desired) and mix well.
- Quickly drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto lined cookie sheets.
- Place in refrigerator until set. Once set remove cookies from sheet and place in air tight container in a cool, dry place.