Sunday, April 22, 2007

My first planting experience

I have a love for sweet juicy strawberries. So much that I decided to grow my own this year. I was skepticle of growing them because I figured I would have to plant them in the ground and that my dog would eat them. But obviously I was wrong.

This morning my sister called me to inform me that Lowes got another shipment of herbs/vegetables/fruits in. I headed over there with the intensions of getting herbs but did not find any that I wanted. Instead I managed to rack up a bill of $50 on things needed to grow my own strawberries. If these things die I am going to be sooo sad!

(PS. See my cute little wind chime bug hanging above the strawberry planter?)

Look a little tiny strawberry is already growing.

Dear little strawberry I can not wait to eat you!!


Feel free to leave me any comments on how to care for strawberries. Because I have no clue how to do it. My current plan is to keep them in the sun and make sure the water is always moist and eat them when they grow. :)

2 comments:

Cassi said...

LMAO... I love this story! It's so funny, I laughed the entire time I was reading it... I started reading it to Luke, but he ws too tired to listen. (oh well I guess he missed out) Congratulations on your 1st strawberry, is there anymore?

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to grow strawberries in a container just like yours but have been too afraid to try. So how did yours do this summer?