Chicken with Cream Cheese Sauce
(Source: Nestie MaryEllen)
- 3 chicken breasts, trimmed and kept whole or cut into strips or chunks
- 1 can chicken broth, separated
- 4-8 cloves garlic
- red pepper flakes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 tbs flour
- 2 tsp white wine
- Put chicken in large pan with a little bit of olive oil
- Add red pepper flakes and pressed garlic
- After 1-2 min, add white wine to deglaze the pan and then add ¾ can chicken broth
- Bring to a boil then simmer 20-25 min until chicken is cooked
- Remove chicken and place in a covered dish; keep warm
- Mix flour with remaining broth and add to pan; mix
- Add cream cheese, mix until thick and bubbly
- Pour sauce over chicken
(this is great served over rice, egg noodles, or with steamed or stir-fried vegetables).
-I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper.
-I cut the chicken into strips and only simmered for about 10 minutes.
-And I seasoned the chicken with Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle after removing it from the pan and then dredged the chicken in the sauce before putting it onto a bed of whole wheat egg noodles.