I had been eyeing this dip ever since Chelle made it a few months ago. I knew that the recipe would be good and that everyone would love it but I just needed the right occasion to make it for. My husband and I were invited to a cook-out at our friends house today so I figured today would be the perfect opportunity to make it.
This dip was a hit with everyone from kids to adults. Although this does not taste exactly like cookie dough it is pretty close and it is an excellent recipe. I will definitely be making it again because everyone loved it.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
(Source: Recipezaar Via: Chelle at Sugar&Spice)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. (You can also do this in the microwave but watch it closely. The butter/sugar mixture will boil over fast. Stir every 30 seconds or so.)
2. Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for 1 minute.
4. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
7. Garnish with additional chips, if you choose.
*Serve with Nilla wafers or graham crackers.
**Note: after refrigerating the dip it will be pretty solid and un-dippable so make sure to remove it from the refrigerator about 15-30 minutes before you plan on serving it, so it has time to soften up.