Saturday, October 13, 2007

Frozen delight

Even though the weather has officially changed from summer to fall I decided that I had to make this anyway. I saw this sorbet on Delish and figured that it was a sign because I had a container of strawberries in my fridge just waiting for the perfect recipe to come along. There are not many words to describe this other than it's amazingly good and very fruity!


Strawberry Pineapple Sorbet
(Adapted from "Strawberry Peach Sorbet" at Delish)

1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 cups of sliced strawberries
1 small can pineapple (drained of juices)
1 pinch of salt

Put strawberries in a bowl with sugar. Cover and all to sit for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Using blender or food processor, combine strawberries with their juices, pineapple and the pinch of salt. Puree. Refrigerate mixture for at least 1 hour until puree is chilled. (You can strain if you prefer no strawberry seeds but personally, I like the texture).
Place in an ice-cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm this looks great! I could eat sorbet and ice cream all winter long!

Sarah said...

Wow, strawberry and pineapple sound like a wonderful combo!

Jaime said...

Strawberries and pineapple are my favorite fruits! This looks amazing. I am definitely saving this recipe.