A friend from Arkansas shared this recipe with me last week and suggested that I make it because they were so good. I thought that it would be the perfect addition to my Christmas goodie trays. I contemplated so many different ways to make them but decided on just going with the flow of the recipe and making them into bars. But I think next time I will make them into truffles or cut the PB mixture into little discs and then dip into chocolate for a more peanut butter cup look. These babies are pretty sinful if you are a Reese's lover.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Bars
1 cup butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1 cellophane package and 3 extra grahams)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. (An easy way to measure the peanut butter is to put 1 cup of water into a measuring cup, and then add enough peanut butter to it that the water reaches 2 cups).
- Press mixture into a 9x13" pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave and stir until smooth (try a minute first, and then check).
- Spread chocolate carefully over peanut butter layer with a spatula. (Having one person to pour the chocolate and one to spread works well!).
- Let the chocolate cool for a while, and then cut into bars before the chocolate is completely hardened (or else the chocolate layer will just crack).