The only ingredient modification that I made to this recipe is that I only used 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon instead of 2. I also decided that I wanted larger cookies than teaspoon size, so I used my medium sized cookie scoop that holds 2 tablespoons of dough and ended up with about 60 cookies.
As you can see from the picture above, these are definitely cake like cookies. But just because they are cake like does not mean they are not good. I really enjoy them. The subtle hint of cinnamon mixed with the faint taste of zucchini and then the layer of chocolate make a great combination. Add in the texture and crunch from the nuts and you have yourself one heck of a good cookie.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 small zucchini, grated (you want it to measure approximately 2 cups of grated zucchini)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2-2 cups walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with Parchment paper.
3. Cream your butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into the butter mixture, gradually; mix well.
5. Stir in the zucchini.
6. Fold in the walnuts (optional), and chocolate chips.
7. Drop by teaspoonfuls with two (2) inches between each cookie-- onto the cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
9. Do not over-bake, or you will not enjoy your cookies.
10. Let stand to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove and place on wire racks to allow to cook completely.