Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sinful Cinnamon Muffins

I got the sudden urge to bake this morning. A big fluffy cinnamon muffin sounded excellent. I went searching for recipes and came up with this one on the King Arthur flour website. This particular recipe takes a little longer to prep since it requires a topping and a filling but it was definitely worth it in the end.


These muffins did not get as puffy and dome shaped on top as I would have liked them to but that's ok, the taste definitely made up for it. It was a nice moist basic muffin with the perfect kick of cinnamon flavor. The oats and nuts definitely helped in making the muffin complete. I did leave out the cinnamon/butterscotch chips since I did not have any.

I delivered half of the muffins to my sister so I would not be forced to eat them all. I hope you enjoy them Cassi. Share the wealth, don't eat them all.


Simply Sinful Cinnamon Muffins
Source: King Arthur Flour

Yield: 12 muffins

Topping Ingredients
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup diced pecans
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
3 tablespoons soft butter

Filling Ingredients

1/2 cup Baker's Cinnamon Filling mix*
3 to 4 tablespoons water

*Or substitute 3 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon for the Baker's Cinnamon Filling mix and water.

Batter Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons Signature Secrets(r) Culinary Thickener or cornstarch
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips

Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake papers, or grease it lightly.
2. Prepare the topping by mixing the ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside. Prepare the filling by mixing the Baker's Cinnamon Filling with enough water to make filling with a soft, pudding-like consistency. Set it aside.
3. To make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the dry mixture to the liquid, stirring just until combined.
4. Divide half the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Dollop 2 teaspoons cinnamon filling onto each muffin, then top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with topping, pressing it in lightly.
5. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and wait 5 minutes before transferring them from the pan to a rack to cool.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Ohhhh! I can't wait to try these!

Cassi said...

FRICKEN SWEET! These mussins (LOL) are awesome! I will not eat them all, I will share, I tried giving one to each of the people I work with and one of the guys has been on a diet ever since I started and the other was in a bad mood... oh well you snooze you lose! So I gave one to my friend Angela up front and she likes them a lot! I also gave her your web page address too... so she can check it out!

They are very good! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

These look great! What a great way to make a cinnamon muffin even better. I bet they were delicious!

Kaitlyn said...

Oh, yum! I have an urge to take a still-warm one and slather butter on it and sit down with a cup of coffee :)

Anonymous said...

These look SO yummy! I'm bringing meals to a friend this week and I think I may hav eto make some of these!!

Colleen said...

Yum, these look great! The extra effort for the filling and topping is always worth it!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ooooh, such an enticing muffin variety!!

Bob said...

I didn't really need more baked goods to make... who am I kidding, I always need more. :) These look wicked good.

Crystal's Creations said...

These look really good, I'm gonna definitely put these in the to-make file...and it may be to-maked next week! Thanks!