Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day

Once I was reminded by my mother that today was Veterans day I decided that I would celebrate by baking some muffins and delivering them to the Veteran in my life, my dad. I knew immediately what recipe I was going to make. I had made these for my dad a couple years ago and he really enjoyed them so I thought it would be the perfect treat to surprise him with.


Like I previously said, I had made these muffins a couple of years ago and they were a hit with everyone who tried them. When adding in all the spices I thought that it might be a little to much but the chocolate definitely mellows out all the spices and there is a great mix of flavors. Have I ever mentioned that I love the flavors of white chocolate and pumpkin together? Well if I have not I surely meant to. :) I hope you enjoy the muffins and homemade card Dad!


Happy Veterans day to all of those men and women that have served or are serving our country. I am forever thankful to all of you.



Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Muffins
Source:
Culinary Concoctions by Peabody

Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients
1/2 cup of walnuts
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
4 oz unsalted butter, melted
6 oz white chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin, and unsalted butter. Add in the chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
5. Scoop batter into greased or paper cup lined muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and springy to the touch. Cool then remove from cups.

11 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Happy veterans day to your dad. I bet he was tickled with his yummy surprise!

Amy said...

These sound amazing! I think I'm going to find some time to make them tonight!

That Girl said...

As soon as I saw the white chocolate chips I was hooked!

Jennifer said...

I saw this and had all the ingredients. Well everything besides the walnuts. I added some extra white chocolate chips. They were really good. Thanks for posting this recipe. Happy Veterns Day to you Dad!

Anonymous said...

YAY! They look great and I'm SOO loving that card! you are way talented!

Maria said...

The muffins look great! Fun way to celebrate!

Ashley said...

I've nominated you as an uber awesome blogger! go to my blog and read the last post to get your award, be sure to pass it on!

Cassi said...

I wish I were a Veteran!!!
That was very thoughtful of you!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift to give to your dad, I'm sure he felt so appreciated :)! What a better way to express love and appreciation than with a chocolatey baked good!

Sara said...

These look great, I just picked up another can of pumpkin at the store!

A Bunch of Paynes said...

I just made these...they were terrific. I might just do a post about them, with reference to you, if you don't mind. YUM! I can never get enough pumpkin recipes, and I can't believe I haven't ever tried white chocolate and pumpkin together! So GOOD!