I had planned to make these for a work carry-in on Saturday but ran out of time (because I was making these, which were a huge hit) so I decided to make them for dinner last night. I browsed through some recipes I had bookmarked for quiche and then went to the kitchen to get started.
The filling combinations with these are endless but I chose ham and cheese, ham broccoli and cheese, and bacon and cheese for my mini quiche. I think I will try mushroom and Swiss next time. Since these reheat so well they will be great for breakfasts throughout the week. I bet they would even freeze fantastically.
My husband and I enjoyed the ones with bacon in them a little more than the ones with ham. But only because the bacon was a more pronounced flavor. Like I said earlier, the many different filling combinations make these a treat that anyone can enjoy and even something that kids may like to help make. Enjoy.
Source: Amber's Delectable Delights
makes 12 pieces
1 roll refrigerated pie crust
1/3 cup half and half
3 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Filling ingredients of your choice (meat, cheese, veggies, herbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray the wells of 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Whisk together the eggs, half and half, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Unroll the pie dough and cut out twelve 3" circles. You will have to smash all the scraps together and roll them out to get the last few circles cut out, but you will have enough dough. Place one dough circle into the bottom of each muffin cup.
4. Prepare filling ingredients and place ~2 tablespoons of filling per muffin cup.
5. Pour a scant 1/4 cup of the egg mixture over the filling ingredients in each muffin cup.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from muffin cups and let cool a few minutes before serving.