Saturday, March 6, 2010

Banana Streusel Muffins

It has been forever since I had made banana muffins and I figured it was time to give them another go. Before I began to look around for recipes I knew exactly what I wanted. I envisioned a soft, delicate, lightly sweetened muffin with a crunchy streusel topping. I came across this recipe and it sounded like it fit the bill perfectly. I quickly mixed up a batch with a couple of bananas that had ripened beautifully and soon after had a delicious banana muffin for an afternoon snack.


This recipe is definitely my new go-to banana muffin recipe. The muffins rose up high and produced the perfect crumb. The banana flavor was so intense and and the crunchy streusel topped the muffin perfectly. This is a people pleasing recipe that you should definitely make soon.




Banana Streusel Muffins
Adapted from
Allrecipes

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed

Streusel Topping
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In a small bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, butter and bananas; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
For streusel, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter. If using almonds stir them in at this time. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.

8 comments:

Bob said...

Sounds fantastic, streusel is a good time.

Joanne said...

Mmmm these look so good. I've made something like this before but without sour cream. I bet the sour cream makes them super moist and delicious though!

Cassi said...

This looks amazing! MMMMMMM

Is this the same streusel recipe we used for the cinnamon muffins?

Did the muffins come out moist, it's hard to tell form the picture?

gaga said...

Oh yummy. I love banana muffins and loooooooooove the addition of streusel.

Katy ~ said...

I've made these recipe, and concur. These ARE some of the BEST if the the best!! Good find. Good share!!

Shelby said...

This is an awesome muffin - I have made this one myself and everyone always love it when I do!

My Songs said...

I received this recipe from a friend and I tried it just this afternoon. They turned out tres delicieux!!! The sour cream was a great touch. Thanks for sharing! Iris

Maaya said...

looks so good...streusel is one great way to have fun