Bev's Macaroni and Cheese
2 tbls butter
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
1) Melt butter in medium saucepan.
2) Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
3) Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until smooth.
4) Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened (about 10 minutes).
5) Remove from heat.
6) Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese until melted.
7) Combine cheese mixture with macaroni in greased 2 quart casserole.
8) Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
9) Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
10) Makes 6 servings.
* Used a white "vintage garlic cheddar" cheese
* Omitted the dry mustard and added a dash of ground nutmeg