I tried these squares for the first time a few years ago at a Pampered Chef party that I attended. I enjoyed them so much that I made them a few days later at home. Ever since then I get a craving for these squares a couple times a year. Today I decided that I needed to finally satisfy my craving. I omitted the tomatoes and onion but everything else is done per the recipe.
The recipe can be easily cut in half, which is what I did today. I ate 4 pieces of it for lunch and I would not be surprised if the rest of it was gone by the end of the day. :)
Seven Layer Salad Squares
(Adapted from: Pampered Chef, Seasons Best, Spring/Summer 03)
2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup miracle whip
1 clove garlic, minced
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided
1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided
3 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 cups thinly sliced lettuce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan.
3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan.
4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust.
5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool completely.
7) Mix cream cheese, miracle whip and garlic until smooth.
8) Add half the bacon and half the peas and mix well.
9) Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
10) Arrange sliced tomatoes over cream cheese mixture.
11) Sprinkle remaining bacon, remaining peas, lettuce, cheddar cheese and onion over tomatoes.
12) Cut into squares and serve.