Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy anniversary to meeee!!

This past Sunday (June 10th) was my first wedding anniversary. My husband and I spent the weekend around the Chicago area and had a great time. The thing that I was most looking forward to, when we got back home, was having a piece of the top tier of our wedding cake that had been nestled away in our freezer for the past year.

I have heard mixed feelings about the taste of the cake. And I was pretty skeptical, but I guess the cake was wrapped good enough because both my husband and I thought that it tasted great. Actually, writing about it makes me want to go have another piece. :P


Yes, that is actually a piece of saran wrap on the plate. That blue icing is very dangerous and turns everything that it touches a nice dark shade of blue. It was quite funny telling the wedding guests that their tounges were bright blue.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

YUM! I can't wait to have ours, only a few months left!!!

Renea said...

Yum what a beautiful cake. You were lucky. Ours was gross! lol

Betsy said...

Our Anniversary was is the 10th too. We celebrated 13 years. Hope you have many blessed years ahead!

Deborah said...

I celebrated my first wedding anniversary last November and we brought out the cake. The taste was not too bad, but the frosting slid off of the cake once it had defrosted!!

Mrs.D said...

I'm glad your cake tasted good. Ours was not at all...we barely had a taste of icing and then tossed it! But it was still fun.