Monday, December 24, 2007

Copy Cat Alert

Yeah, I know you are probably wondering why I am making cole slaw for Christmas but the answer is easy. I felt the urge to. :) This afternoon I am heading to my parents to celebrate Christmas and one of the meats that they are serving is pulled pork so I thought that cole slaw would be a perfect accompaniment. With the help of a food processor this can be made in a matter of 10 minutes. And yes, it really does taste just like KFC's.


KFC Cole Slaw
(Source: RecipeLink.com)

Ingredients
8 c finely chopped cabbage (1 head)
1/4 c shredded carrot ( 1 med)
1/3 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 c milk
1/4 c buttermilk
1/2 c mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice

Directions
*Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped into very fine pieces
*Combine sugar, salt, pepper, milk, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, and lemon juice and whisk until smooth
*Add the carrots and cabbage to the liquids; mix well
*Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving - (this time is vital for the best flavor)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

i've made this recipe before and have to agree that it really DOES taste like the KFC version!

DLib30 said...

Hi Amber! I made your cole slaw to go with pulled pork sandwiches for my Aunt's 70th Birthday. It was a big hit. Chopping it fine created a great texture. Thanks for posting.