Sunday, July 6, 2008

Creamy Cheese Spread

I had a few blocks of cheese in the fridge that I wanted to use up but didn't quite know what to do with them. I decided I would make some kind of a cheese ball or spread since it had been a while since I last had it. Seriously though, who doesn't love a big creamy ball of cheese that tastes awesome by itself but even better spread on crackers. I know I do!


I had no game plan when it came to putting this together, but whatever I did must have worked because this tasted wonderful. My husband, who would rather eat things plain than dip them in something, said about 10 times in a matter of hours how much he loved this spread. My guests and I enjoyed it too. It was so easy to throw together that this might be something I experiment with and make often.



Three-Cheese Spread
Source: Amber's Delectable Delights


Ingredients
8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese
4 oz. block pepper jack cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
Dash of Tabasco
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Empty the cheese from the workbowl and place the metal blade into the bottom of the bowl.
2. Add the cream cheese, garlic and remaining seasonings into the workbowl and process for one minute. Add in the shredded cheese and process for 1-2 minutes or until everything is well mixed and creamy.
3. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with crackers and/or pretzels.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to try a cheeseball forever, I might have to give this a try.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Anything made with cream cheese sounds good to me and this looks great!

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good! I bet it would be great to dip pretzels into.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I will definitely be trying this soon!

That Girl said...

Fun! I'm planning on making a sweet cheese spread tomorrow!

Colette said...

Oh, my! May I say YUM? That looks and sounds so good!

Jessica said...

Boy I wish I could come through the computer and get some! It sounds delicious!

Cassi said...

Does this taste as good as Michaels cheese spread? MMMMMMMMMMM

Do you have any left?

Anonymous said...

I made this for my daughter's birthday party and everyone loved it! Thank you for making this recipe!

Bekka said...

I just made it. It's delicious. I didn't have pepper jack, but it's still good with just sharp cheddar.

cheedar cheese said...

I used to make cheese sprade with cream cheese only i have never tried 3 cheese together for making cheese sprade thanks for recipe.